AMENTUM is currently seeking qualified Aircraft Mechanic 3/Crew Chiefs in support of U. S. Air Force maintenance operations at Holloman AFB NM. This position is governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). This contract consists of F-16 Block 40 aircraft Organizational level (O-level) assigned to the 49th Maintenance Group and 7th and 8th Aircraft Maintenance Units (AMU) contractor operation and Intermediate level (I-Level) to support flying training for the 49th Wing (49 WG), Air Education and Training Command (AETC) training mission at Holloman AFB (HAFB), NM.
The Aircraft Mechanic 3 maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
1. Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures’ manuals.
2. Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
3. This worker will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste and smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 15-25 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat or cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, in which case questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues. Night work may be required. Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Secret Security Clearance. Candidate also must pass an FBI fingerprint check prior to being offered employment. Position may require travel.
• Must be a High School graduate or equivalent.
• Must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
• Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Seven (7) years actual and recent aircraft maintenance experience, and one (1) year of F-16 or other fighter aircraft experience.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.