Purpose of Position
Executive Jet Management, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is seeking qualified Airframe and Powerplant Aircraft Maintenance Technicians for a Citation Sovereign+ aircraft based at Oxford CT, OXC. The Full Managed Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) is responsible to perform all phases of troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on company aircraft and component parts to include: dismantling, repairing, and assembling of machinery and mechanical devices and the exchange and replacement of electrical equipment or electrical components. In addition, the Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) is responsible to inspect required items and maintain the aircraft in a continuously airworthy condition in accordance with applicable Federal Air Regulations (FARs).
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform, or oversee the performance of, and document scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft including engines, landing gear, instruments, pressurized sections, accessories (brakes, valves, pumps, air conditioning systems, seats, etc.) and other parts of the owner aircraft as required. Repairs and services hangar, shop and ground support equipment.
- Do necessary inspections using precision instruments to measure parts for wear and use. Comply with tool calibration requirements. Communicate all inspections and calibrations with the EJM Fleet Department.
- Ensure that all safety regulations including hazardous waste management are complied with in on a federal, state and local level.
- Travel to airport locations to repair owner aircraft in Aircraft on Ground (AOG) status or arrange repairs through outside vendors. On occasion travel on the owner aircraft for test flights, troubleshooting or at the owner’s request. Coordinate release of aircraft with EJM Fleet Department.
- Performs receiving inspection on all incoming parts and components.
- Responsible for assuring that the company’s goals for safety, security and quality are met by continual compliance with the company Safety Management System (SMS) program and reporting through the appropriate process any safety, security or quality recommendations or non-compliance observations.
Certifications and Licenses
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P)
Years of Experience
- 4-6 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other (KSAOs)
- Ability to run and taxi owner aircraft.
- Ability to work on a lift platform 3 feet to 40 feet in the air, as required by repair needs.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time while performing repairs.
- Ability to operate various tools including, but not limited to jacks, welders, torches, paint guns, sanders, and drill press.
- Ability to lift and move machine parts weighing up to 70 pounds from ground to equipment level (waist level) and maneuver any single item weighing up to 125 pounds with appropriate equipment or assistance from another person.
- Ability to learn and use technical manuals. Good mechanical aptitude and ability to solve problems effectively.
- Able to communicate both in writing and orally in clear and understandable manner.
- Must be able to effectively and quickly perform repairs in short notice, high pressure situations.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computers.
- Able to travel to locations, in all weather conditions, in order to perform repairs.
- Must be able to perform receiving inspection to company standards
- Must possess the ability to operate basic hand tools.
- Preference given to local candidates with Sovereign or similar aircraft type experience
- Full complement of attractive benefits to our team members, including Medical, Dental and Vision. Some benefits are provided at no cost; while other benefits require enrollment, they are also provided at no cost to the employee.
- 401(k) Savings Plan. The company provides a 57% matching contribution of your pretax contributions, up to the first 20% of your contributions per pay.
- Company provided Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Drug Benefit Plan
- Two-week paid vacation
Executive Jet Management is an equal opportunity employer.
To ensure a safe environment, we conduct pre-employment drug screening and background checks