The Maintenance Supervisor is primarily responsible for the supervision of all personnel on his/her assigned shift. He/she is directly responsible to the Manager on duty. The following items are the responsibility of the Maintenance Supervisor:
• Assign and direct work performed by technicians under their supervision. Participates in the performance of work as required.
• Assure that personnel under their supervision follow the company’s prescribed safety practices in the performance of their duties.
• Determines that all work performed under their supervision is accomplished, recorded and charged in accordance with Company policy, publications or other appropriate authority.
• Certifies the airworthiness of work accomplished by personnel under their direction as authorized by the Director of Quality & Training or their designee.
• Ensures that personnel under their direction are qualified to perform their assigned duties.
• Ascertain that all necessary work records are properly executed by the responsible technician.
• Liaison with customer representatives regarding the status and work being performed on their aircraft.
• Provide notification and written reports of accidents and incidents which result in personnel injuries or damage to equipment.
• Ensure adequate tooling is available to the Maintenance Staff for required tasks.
• Ensure that equipment and work areas are kept in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Conduct comprehensive pre-shift briefings to ensure team is well informed.
• Conduct employee evaluations as required.
• Ensure staff is current on all training and “read and signs”.
• Complete reports and turnover logs as required.
• Ensures that all personnel assigned to them follow Company policy, regulations and established safety rules and practices.
• Ensures that production quality and quantity of personnel to whom assigned, meets prescribed standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Hangar Operations Manager and/or Director of Maintenance.
• Current Valid Driver’s License.
• Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License.
• Able to Pass Airport Security Background Checks.
• Travel for work as required.
• Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Able to Read and Write in English.
• Minimum of one (1) year in a supervisory role