This role is responsible for conducting tests, repairs and overhaul of avionics equipment in the cockpit of any military or commercial aircraft. These are the electronic and computerized hardware systems in the aircraft taken out of the cockpit or avionics bay and routed to the shop for repair. Specialized training is required to handle the avionics of various aircraft types which are often unique to each type.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement:
• Perform testing and troubleshooting of electronic components and assemblies using prescribed circuit testers, oscilloscopes, test rigs or voltmeters.
• Perform repair and overhaul in compliance with manufacturer overhaul reference manuals.
• Comply with US-FAA avionics maintenance standards.
• Maintain and update repair records of each avionics unit.
• Perform data entry in the automated daily productivity system.
• Access and update the inventory management system to place part orders when replacing parts of an avionics unit, making sure that the correct part number is used.
• Participate actively in productivity and quality improvement programs on the shop floor.
• Completes all administratively required forms and documents on schedule.
• Must always be conscious of safety in any procedure
• High competence in troubleshooting and repairing electronics
• Understand and apply manufacturer’s repair manuals as well as engineering and FAA bulletins
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as the work requires working in a team
Required Education and Experience
Education: High School Diploma/GED.
Experience: 3 years of experience in aircraft maintenance work required.
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge and experience in programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
Preferred Education and Experience
Education: Vocational post-secondary course in electronics, computer technology, avionics or related sciences.
• Garmin G1000 experience highly desired.
• King Air experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to accomplish any and all duties with little or no assistance.
Must have good command of the English language; oral and written.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Employee must be a US citizen and not hold dual citizenship with another country.
Employee must be able to hold and maintain a Secret (or higher) Clearance Level