This is a temporary/contract position for 60 – 90 days. Dassault Falcon or Textron Hawker experience is required for consideration.
The A&P Mechanic is responsible for performing routine maintenance and major inspections on turbofan powered aircraft.
• Removes and re-installs engines from turbofan and turboprop powered aircraft.
• Performs operational checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure.
• Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals.
• Evaluates removed components for serviceability and documents discrepancies (squawks). Re-installs and tests components after completed inspection.
• Troubleshoots and repairs all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc). May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
• Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
• Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters, and Airworthiness Directives as required.
• Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals, and schematic diagrams when required.
• Analyzes a variety of mechanical problems and determines the cause and best method of repair.
• Tests operation and repairs/adjusts, as required: engines, engine controls and accessories, propellers and controls, landing gear, hydraulic systems and servicing, and flight controls, and adjusts rigging as required.
• Checks and repairs fuel, oil, oxygen, heating, cooling and pressurization systems.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License with minimum of 3 years Hawker or Falcon experience required.
• Factory authorized training on assigned aircraft is preferred.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written. Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds; stand a minimum of 8 hours per day and walk long distances; bend, stretch, crawl, and climb ladders in order to work on areas within the aircraft that are difficult to access.
• Must be able to work outside in extremes of temperature and inclement weather.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.